Ready for LA April 25th, 2011 | Holidays
Couldn’t be more ready
See you on the other side of the ocean! My travel blog
It’s really happening April 21st, 2011 | Holidays, Paper chasing
I cannot believe it. I have a month off. An entire month off!! Together with my boyfriend. Today I was at school for one last time for a presentation of our business plan. Which went well, we passed the presentation, just have to make a few minor changes in the plan. And now it’s all done!
I only got a few grades back so far though:
German oral: 8,3
German written exam: 6,6
Happy with them. Just waiting for the most important grades of probably the entire semester: Business Law, Financial Management and Management Accounting. Really, really curious on how I did with those. But I am definitely not going to worry about it just yet :)
We are flying to Los Angeles on Tuesday, that’s in 5 days. I can hardly believe it. I go every year but it just seems to be forever ago since I was last there :( And we booked quite early on so we’ve been looking forward to the trip for months and months now. We have a few fun things planned. On May 4th we are going to a Dodgers game. I used to watch baseball when I was younger but haven’t really been into it lately. Wouldn’t say I’m a baseball fan but for 12$ we definitely think it would be a cool experience. We are however really keeping our fingers crossed that we can go to an LA Lakers game. We are huge NBA fans, especially Lakers (even though my boyfriend says he is rooting for the Mavericks – because of the German Dirk Nowitkzi that is playing for them -, i know that he wants the Lakers to win :P
But the biggest thing we have planned (for me, anyways) is: Kelly Cutrone’s book signing on May 9th! You might know her from The Hills or The City. She is the owner of People’s Revolution, a fashion PR firm in NY and LA.
Kelly Cutrone & Whitney Port – my 2 role models
I absolutely love her!! She is such an inspiration for young professional women who (want to) do their own thing. Last year while I was walking down Venice Beach with my boyfriend I saw her riding bikes with some people. I got so excited but was too scared to say hi. So this year her new book comes out and she will do a signing in Los Angeles on May 9th and I am SO going to be there! Totally excited to meet her finally! If you are a young woman, just go order her book(s) now! (1) If You Have To Cry, Go Outside & (2) Normal Gets You Nowhere
Anyways. I am not so sure if I will be updating this blog that much while I am in Los Angeles, but you can go to our travel blog for updates and photos of our trip!
Journal of Gratitude April 12th, 2011 | Lifestyle
Seen on her website.
• My Management Accounting exam went well and my boyfriend definitely helped explaining things to me.
• My Financial Management exam didn’t go too great but it turned out that the rest of the student body thought the exam was ridiculous. So I don’t feel too incapable. The exam was simply too difficult and extensive.
• My boyfriend is the most amazing person. He has helped to out with studying so much!
• The weather has been quite good for this time of year! I am loving the sunshine!
• My exams are almost over. Only exam left is German (easy) and one presentation to do. Not too worried!
• We are leaving for Los Angeles in exactly 2 weeks!!
• I cannot wait to start packing my suitcase!
• I have lost over 5 lbs ever since I bought a scale a few weeks ago.
• My boyfriend and I have been together for 1 year, 4 months and 3 weeks. And we couldn’t be happier!
• I have a day off today! No school work. Just… nothing!